• Welcome to the Shining Force Mods Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Shining Force series, modding and, of course, video gaming.

Register Log in

Thinking about making 'Chaos Darksol' our mascot... thoughts?

Steve

Shining Supporter
Admin
Reaction score
The fella slashing with the Chaos Breaker in the Shining Force Mods logo at the top of the page. I'm getting good vibes from him.

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Looks good to me

Xeno

Shining Buddy
Epic Contributor
SF2 Hacker
Reaction score
It does make a solid first impression. ;)

Lynx

Shining Supporter
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Like the devil worshipers that we are, it sounds good:devilish:

Steve

Shining Supporter
Admin
Reaction score
Well, I'm looking to get some promotional materials ready, and Dan's version of Darksol has always been a fav, so methinks he might make for a good centerpiece for the designs. And it's Darksol wielding a Chaos Breaker, you know. End times right there.

Xeno

Shining Buddy
Epic Contributor
SF2 Hacker
Reaction score
I just noticed that the banner doesn't say Pre-Launch Beta anymore, so is the site officially launched now or what?

Steve

Shining Supporter
Admin
Reaction score
@Xeno I suppose it's something of a 'soft launch'. The site has been online and accessible for a few months, so I guess you could argue that it was launched the second I shared the link. And the site (powered by XenForo) and the modifications that I've introduced appear to be pretty stable, it's really just going to be the tools that I release will be beta-ish, and the underlying code just isn't near complex enough to warrant 'beta' status; the majority of maintenance work will come from tweaking the values generated as part of, say, the Force Member Stat Generator (working title, hehe). For as many as I'm working on, they're not even remotely close to yours, Wiz's, or @rubixcuber's offerings, on a technical level.

That being said, I'd like to get the logo/header tidied up a little more. It really irks me that I went and plonked 'Chaosol' (?) on the left of the logo text...

Xeno

Shining Buddy
Epic Contributor
SF2 Hacker
Reaction score
@Steve Ah, well, congratulations on the 'soft launch', then!

And don't sell yourself short, as your contribution is also greatly valued. (y)

Steve

Shining Supporter
Admin
Reaction score
It was @Lobo's idea, to be fair. This all sort of grew from his suggestion to create a separate thread for artwork on SFC. I just sort of took the idea a little further than anticipated. (oops!)

Lobo

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Hahaha
May I get some royalties?

I don't think it's my idea at all, though.
I was only thinking of giving the right space and credit to the graphic releases, while keeping the editor thread on track.
But Steve's solution turned out great for us, I think. :)