• Welcome to the Shining Force Mods Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Shining Force series, modding and, of course, video gaming.

Register Log in

Shining Force: Legacy of the Ancients

Shining Force: Legacy of the Ancients 1.0.5

Ivan_Cal

Shining Buddy
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Thanks for the replay. Is sfeditor different than rubix’s one, if so where can i find it? If not, what steps could i be taking thats causing rubix’s editor to crash? Thanks!
I'm pretty sure there's just one editor for SF1. So you're basically talking about the same thing with two dofferent names

Bleu7384

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Hi Ivan_Cal. Awesome work on this. I can’t believe the game itself will be 30 years old next year. Was there any plans to combine this mod with a challenge mod at all. That would be epic

Ivan_Cal

Shining Buddy
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Hi Ivan_Cal. Awesome work on this. I can’t believe the game itself will be 30 years old next year. Was there any plans to combine this mod with a challenge mod at all. That would be epic
Thanks! I actually plan to release a patch including a gameplay rework, which should make for an extra challenge.

Ivan_Cal

Shining Buddy
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Ivan_Cal updated Shining Force: Legacy of the Ancients with a new update entry:

Hotfix

Bugfixes

-Corrected Runefaust's merchants not working.
-Corrected Jogurt being dead after promoting him.
-Corrected Lug and Gort using the wrong battle animation if using a pre-promo weapon once promoted.
-Corrected black lines flashing in the overworld.

Gameplay

-
Chaos Breaker and Sword of Light will now have chance to crack upon casting their effect spell. Once cracked, they won't be able to cast magic until repaired (It's not possible...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Ivan_Cal

Shining Buddy
Pixel Artist
Reaction score

Patch 1.0.5

Bugfixes

-Corrected Lug and Gort using the wrong battle animation if using a pre-promo weapon once promoted.

Gameplay

-Chaos Breaker and Sword of Light will now have chance to crack upon casting their effect spell. Once cracked, they won't be able to cast magic until repaired (It's not possible to completely break them and lose...

Ivan_Cal

Shining Buddy
Pixel Artist
Reaction score

Patch 1.0.5

Bugfixes

Gameplay

-Chaos Breaker and Sword of Light will now have chance to crack upon casting their effect spell. Once cracked, they won't be able to cast magic until repaired (It's not possible to completely break them and lose...

Rozekail

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Maybe I'm being a little picky, but is there a version of this without any of the graphical changes? I like them, but every now and then I'd like to play it without any changes other than fixing unintended bugs/glitches. If not, no biggie, just curious!

Ivan_Cal

Shining Buddy
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Maybe I'm being a little picky, but is there a version of this without any of the graphical changes? I like them, but every now and then I'd like to play it without any changes other than fixing unintended bugs/glitches. If not, no biggie, just curious!
No, unfortunately I don't have a version like that. SF1 refix by rubix comes to mind, but it's quite an old rom.

Runesamurai

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
I think the wrong version was uploaded. Jogurt isn't promoting nor leveling up for me.

Ivan_Cal

Shining Buddy
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
I think the wrong version was uploaded. Jogurt isn't promoting nor leveling up for me.
Hello! that feature was actually removed in later patches, due to it not working consistently. It's in the patch notes, but I can see the confusion after reading the initial description, I'll change the description.

Corum

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
This mod is great, and actually appears to work with the 6mb save patch to make normal saving work again. I do seem to be having a problem though. I'm using Picodrive on the pc version of retroarch, and somehow giving Tao the Awesome Bikini has broken her battle sprite and causes her to look like Gort in battle and softlocks the game. Her map sprite looks as it should. Am I doing something wrong? The download page seems to give a pre-patched rom file. Isn't it supposed to be an .ips file?

Edit: Ok, after restarting twice, I finally just downloaded sf1edit and opened up the rom. Both bikini's were assigned to use the wrong sprite IDs for some odd reason, with Tao's set to use Gort's sprite and Anri's set to use the Hero's promoted sprite. After changing them everything works fine now.

Last edited: