• Welcome to the Shining Force Mods Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Shining Force series, modding and, of course, video gaming.

Register Log in

Suggestion Request - Evil SpiLit

DiegoMM

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
I want to make a mod where Evil Spirit (sf2 - creed mansion) is a giant boss. My theory is that he supossed to be a boss but in some moment in the development they changed his role to just a creed support guy.

If some of you guys can make a battle sprite of him. He already has map sprites.

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Sounds like a cool idea, would it replace the chess battle? As for the battle frames, it would be possible to cook something, but my expertise is limited. I'd probably end up making the frames based directly off the map sprite(resized) and do some light retouching, maybe some eye glowing or something. It's definitely possible.1543473492894.png
Like something like this, it's a start

Last edited:

Lobo

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Seems fun enough! hahaha

It's a SF1 mod, right?
Which battle then would he take place?

DiegoMM

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Sf1? meh. I just posted here because everyone see, it would be a sf2 mod :) :p

Xeno

Shining Buddy
Epic Contributor
SF2 Hacker
Reaction score
Oh, c'mon @DiegoMM. We need more people posting in the SF2 section. I'm counting on you :D

That said, I'd like to bring attention to this concept art that appears to give weight to Diego's theory of Evil Spirit Spilit having possibly been intended to be fought at some point:

sf2_book_evilspirit.jpg

Notice how he isn't facing directly at the screen as the map sprite does, but at an angle. Also, that frame with the wide open mouth looks like it'd be suitable as a (demon?) breathing animation.

DiegoMM

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Thank you @Xeno from bringing the artwork
Theories:
1 - prototype version of Zeon?
2 - Some relation with Gizmo (they are floating heads too) maybe a giant Gizmo
3 - When possessed by Zeon on Creed mansion he would attack the team.

Xeno

Shining Buddy
Epic Contributor
SF2 Hacker
Reaction score
All of these are plausible, though I figure that if we were to implement him as boss today, #3 would fit more seamlessly. I just wish we had access to a higher resolution scan so we could translate the text. It would also be nice to have as a reference for drawing the actual sprites, seeing as it's got all the needed animation frames already.

Would you happen to know which book this art comes from?

DiegoMM

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
I want to know too.
Suezen has a artbook called Eternal, but I think there is a sf2 guidebook too, so its probably from one of them.