• Welcome to the Shining Force Mods Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Shining Force series, modding and, of course, video gaming.

Register Log in

Needing help with allowing a user to choose a character name and how do I add custom music?

GoldenJeans37

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Hello, so I was using the SF1 Editor 3.4.4 and I was modifying the text (since I'm making a meme version) and now a named can't be inputted, any idea on what to do to fix it? (Using the Steam Sega MD Classics client) I also would like to add custom music to the game (Well a Siivagunner rip for Shining Force) but have no idea how. Any tips on how to do that?

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Hello, so I was using the SF1 Editor 3.4.4 and I was modifying the text (since I'm making a meme version) and now a named can't be inputted, any idea on what to do to fix it? (Using the Steam Sega MD Classics client) I also would like to add custom music to the game (Well a Siivagunner rip for Shining Force) but have no idea how. Any tips on how to do that?
Music editing hasn't been implemented completely. I know Rubix started a Music Editor, but it's still a bit rusty. I'd recommend asking at the SF1Editor discord channel.

Here's an invite to that discord
https://discord.gg/nve7B6