• Welcome to the Shining Force Mods Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Shining Force series, modding and, of course, video gaming.

Register Log in

Bug Jogurt unable to promote?

Steve

Shining Supporter
Admin
Reaction score
This was reported by @Runesamurai in Discord chat but I wasn't able to uncover any details. Presumably this is bug is presented even with 'Jogurt Promotes Levels' enabled.

Last edited:

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Would be interesting to see jogurt promote into something big and scary, like kiwi in SF2

Runesamurai

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Yeah I discovered this bug in Tyadran's Playable Kane Mod. Hans cannot be promoted in that mod because he's in Jogurt's slot. Jogurt was replaced with Kane as a playable character in that mod. Normally this would not be a problem since Jogurt has never been promotable from the start but the problem comes from the fact that if someone else is put in Jogurt's slot they will not be promotable anymore. It will appear as though the friar is promoting them but once you check you will see that nothing has changed just like with Jogurt. And this would be a great new feature to add to the editor for the reason Erikin said.

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Probably a temporary solution would be to give johurt a new spot in the extended characters list. And just not use his original.

Steve

Shining Supporter
Admin
Reaction score
@Erikin84 That would probably be the best idea. Although, I hate to give up a spot when I have approximately 75+ playable characters in the works, hehe.

Lobo

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
I'm not pretty sure of, but I think Jogurt, Domingo, Musashi and Hanzou can't be promoted at all in this editor.

If you look their stats growth curves, there's no room for promoted stats after all.

Runesamurai

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
I really do not understand why anybody gives a crap about Jogurt. He's a dumb and useless character. And it's just an outright INSULT that he got to be the face of the franchise. I'm glad Fire Emblem at least got an appropriate mascot.

I'm not pretty sure of, but I think Jogurt, Domingo, Musashi and Hanzou can't be promoted at all in this editor.

If you look their stats growth curves, there's no room for promoted stats after all.
Unless we modify their stats and make them like they were in RotDD and give them those promoted classes.